Medical utilization of marijuana can be quite advantageous in chronic discomfort management, cancer, AIDS, glaucoma and ms, but smoking weed? Not recommended, especially should you suffer depression and anxiety.
There are many studies into effect that marijuana is wearing us, however the answers are contradictive. A number of them state that weed might have an antidepressant effect, some that it could cause your depression and anxiety, anxiety attacks or perhaps paranoia, psychosis and schizophrenia. The opinions also vary between claiming that cannabis may have a sedative effect or perhaps be a stimulant.
The details are so confusing because cannabis is extremely individual drug with individual side-effects. Here a few of them:
– It impacts short-term memory, concentration and motor function
– Impacts limbic part of the brain which accounts for your feelings and conduct
– Distorts perception
– Cause difficulties in problem-solving
– Enables you to weaker to infections, affects your heart and respiratory system system
– Lowers the regularity of the alpha brain waves which often enables you to enter condition of sunshine relaxation.
Although it’s unclear if marijuana causes mental problems, worsens them or aids in them, there are several details that we understand and may draw conclusions from:
– a minimum of 10% of youthful smokers of weed develop psychosis
– marijuana increases your chance of psychological disorder by 30%
– cannabis predispose you to definitely schizophrenia and may result in a relapse in individuals who’re already schizophrenic
– cannabis are associated with panic attacks, paranoia and depression.
OK, now we all know a few of the side-effects and a few of the studies results, and it appears as though marijuana me is certainly bad for those who have anxiety problem or experience anxiety attacks. Paranoia? Psychosis? Predisposition to schizophrenia? Distorted perception and difficulties in problem-solving? Certainly a bad combination for the anxiety. Reduced frequency of alpha waves accountable for what you can do to unwind also does not help. So personally I would not touch cannabis if you feel you suffer from this specific mental health disorder.
How about its impact on depression?
Well, in depression your mind chemistry has already been all messed up in order your feelings and motor functions based on the listing of common depression signs and symptoms. Although there’s no prove that marijuana causes or worsens your depression, it appears as though it does not help too. You essentially equal to the issues you already experience so you’ve to operate two times as difficult to fight your depression.